With more than 50 years’ experience and strong engineering power, Neways is proud to act as technology innovation partner for the most demanding customers in the industry. We develop and produce electronic solutions in Smart Mobility, Semicon and Connectivity. Our Component Engineers play a crucial role in achieving our success and our goal to become a true system innovator.
What will you do as a Component Engineer?
Our team of Component Engineers are the experts when it comes to electronics components. Both components we use today, and components that we will choose in the future. Guarding the balance between technology, quality, cost and availability, you act as a sparring partner to advise our designers and clients on which components to use. Since you are involved from the technology phase, from design and development to actual production and life-cycle maintenance, this role offers interesting challenges and lots of responsibilities.
You are the expert at the interface of Component Technology and Engineering – Arjan van den Heuvel (Manager Component Engineering – Neways Technologies)
Your duties further include:
- Maintaining and extending expertise in electronics components to become a true Component Technology expert;
- Introduction and registration of electronics components;
- Modifying and distributing component information;
- Assessing and following up Product Change Notices (PCNs) of component manufacturers;
- Make policies and long-term strategy with relation to electronic components;
- Guarding the quality and maintenance of the Components Database;
- Continuously improvement of processes and procedures.
What do we offer?
- A good salary matching your knowledge and experience;
- 27 vacation days, plus 13 days off work pursuant to the Reduction of Working Hours Act;
- A challenging job within a strongly growing, innovative and project driven high-tech electronics organization;
- Working together with enthusiastic, highly skilled professionals;
- Flexible hours and the option to work from home for two days a week;
- Holiday pay, travel allowance and a good pension scheme;
- Ample opportunities to further develop and grow yourself as a professional.
Your profile and DNA:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electronics;
- Knowledge of electronic components, and the drive to stay up to date with the latest developments in your field of expertise;
- Starter, or experience within a similar position, hardware engineer is an advantage;
- Knowledge of Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) is an advantage;
- Good communication and writing skills in English.
Who we are:
As an EMS Life Cycle Partner and System Innovator, we create smarter solutions for a changing world. Not only do we respond to market demands, but we also get involved in our customers’ development and engineering processes at an early stage, proactively deliver concrete solutions and add value.
As an employer, we stand for:
- Passion – we are proud of our work and work with passion
- Trust – we believe that trust is the basis for good cooperation
- Customer focus – we work proactively with our customers and suppliers and arrive at a good solution together
- One team – we believe in working together as one team and one company with a common goal
- Innovation – we challenge today’s society and keep improving ourselves
You will work at our development company Neways Technologies:
- Specialization: development and design of electronic modules and systems;
- Customer group: industrial automation, semiconductor industry, automotive and medical;
- Number of employees: 230 FTE;
- Located at Science Park Eindhoven in Son, the Colosseum in Enschede, Voltaweg in Echt and Fichtenweg in Erfurt.
You are most welcome!
Interested? Apply immediately by clicking the ‘apply now button’!
Do you have any questions? Please contact our Corporate Recruiter Sander de Groot at +31 (0)6 – 3830 5718 or email@example.com
Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.